Thursday, March 4, 2010

We have septic!




My husband is a genius. He really can fix anything! By 6pm last night, I flushed the toilet in our "bathroom of fear", and was flushed with relief and release as I watched the most perfect swirling motion head down the bowl. The sound of running water, unobstructed down the new PVC pipe outside was music to both our ears. I cleaned the room and we have now reclaimed it. No longer does "fear of flushing" live there. Larry has vanquished the monster with his wielding power saw, wrenches and brawn. What a man!

As he removed the old pipe, we could not believe the amount of roots in there and in the entrance to the tank. The surrounding trees were living well off that area. They will be dead next year anyway, as we will have to remove them to make room for an expanding kitchen and a new laundry room. I documented the entire event with my digital camera for posterity.

Today, he will seal the tank entrance with concrete and that will be that! We may wait a day or two to fill the trench back in, just to make sure there are no leaks. So far, so good. I choose that bathroom first now, just to do it. I avoided it for so long out of fear of overflow. No more, Baby!

We also have to get the area cleaned up fast today. It's hard to keep the pups from licking the old dirty pipes. Dawgs.

No comments:

Post a Comment