Friday, August 2, 2013

Enjoy Our Time

Crepe Myrtle we planted years ago.
We are spending time at the lake this trip just enjoying it. Yes, we met with our builder. He agreed that until we know if we're selling the place, we should put our plans on hold. A prospective buyer and his father are coming to see us Sunday afternoon.

We straightened out our credit report issues. Equifax and TransUnion had Larry's primary address wrong. Can you believe it? Our prospective lending bank representative couldn't believe an address could affect a social security number. Oh well. That's where we are as a society. The credit bureaus run your life, but you have to do their job. Unbelievable.  Anyway, the refinance is on target with an appraiser is coming Monday afternoon. If our buyer wants to buy, we have until Monday to cancel and get our application fee back. Let's see how this all plays out.

In the meantime, the pups and I went for a nice walk around our country loop. The sky was overcast, so it was not too hot or sunny for the walk. But, Mattie Grace pooped out early nonetheless, and I carried both pups up the last bit of a hill before making them walk the rest of the way home. The loop we walk here is about two miles around and they are out of shape. I've been lazy about walking them lately.

Then, I went food shopping. The Lexington Farmer's Market was in full swing, so I picked up some southern fresh produce: purple-hull peas, butter beans, "Hoppin' Johns" (black-eyed peas), boiled peanuts, peaches and corn on the cob, plus a nice looking watermelon among other things. After stopping at Publix supermarket, I took my booty home and crashed for the day. We sat on the dock looking at the "cooters" in the water and listening to the myriad of bird song over a cold beer. What a life.

This morning I "stripped" the hulled peas over coffee and now I'm getting ready to cook. We're having a lake party tomorrow with friends and family starting around noon. Tonight, we're going to a friend's house for ham and hash-brown casserole. I expect the "Cosmos" will be flowing as well. And, I'm bringing laundry. Thanks goodness for friends who invite you to bring your dirty laundry. Love you, Mary Pat!

Larry's out mowing the lawn right now, and I'm about to get started at the stove. My legs ached terribly all night, so I put on my new thigh-high compression stockings for the first time. Let's hope they help with the throbbing aches derived from my newly acquired varicose veins. Argh.

The sun is shining and it's a lovely day on the lake. Enjoy yours, Y'all.

Small Bee


Bee
Weed 




No comments:

Post a Comment